Visit me at my other places too! * The Streaming Now * Out of my Ocean * My Name is Zing * Joy Frequencies * Twitter *


Friday

More of My Favourite Things - No. 2

A couple of years ago I went through a phase of buying moulds and filling them with cement/concrete to make my own garden ornaments. This was one of my favourites!
I intended to make lots and maybe set them into some paving or into decorative gravel - but I never got that far!

I made this one and when it was finally dry,
I hand painted it to give depth and a little bit of colour, then I promptly fell in love with it and it never got to live outside. It has sat proudly on many shelves and even decorated the mantelpiece for a while. I love the organic shape, the subtle colours AND best of all the fact that I made it!

It is about 9 inches across and VERY heavy! - Who knows, maybe one day I will get to carry out my original intention and make more for the garden - I still have the mould!

2 comments:

Michaela said...

It's a very nice work.

I wish you a happy new year.

Michaela

Susannah said...

Thank you Michaela and a very happy new year to you too - x

Related Posts with Thumbnails