Visit me at my other places too! * The Streaming Now * Out of my Ocean * My Name is Zing * Joy Frequencies * Twitter *


Sunday

As the light began to fade - a walk around my garden

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I was busy in the garden again! As the light began to fade I walked around with my camera and took a few photos, I thought I would share them here with you. :-)

"Colours change: in the morning light, red shines out bright and clear and the blues merge
into their surroundings, melting into the greens; but by the evening the reds loose their
piquancy, embracing a quieter tone and shifting toward the blues in the rainbow.
Yellow flowers remain bright, and white ones become luminous, shining
like ghostly figures against a darkening green background."

- Rosemary Verey,
The Scented Garden

Tulips and Pansies are blooming in my front garden.

I really love how these Tulips are edged with Orange!
it looks like someone has highlighted the edges with a paintbrush.

Come through the open gate that leads into my back garden. . .

Where the Forsythia is still blooming,
it looks startlingly Yellow as the light begins to fade.

"One eye sees, the other feels."
- Paul Klee

More Yellow here brightening up a dull corner

on a shelf in the kitchen, young Courgette (Zucchini) plants . . .

soon they will join the Curly Kale in the vegetable patch. . .

"I am a part of all that I have seen."
- Alfred Lord Tennyson


On the bench are Busy Lizzies waiting to be planted. . .

SOON SOON

an empty pot waiting to be filled
next to a lovely lemon scented conifer

The Busy Lizzies now planted up in pots by the back door
SOON THEY WILL GROW
the light is beginning to fade now, time to go indoors. . .

Until tomorrow. . .

"Connection with gardens, even small ones, even potted plants,
can become windows to the inner life. The simple act of
stopping and looking at the beauty around us can be prayer."
- Patricia R. Barrett, The Sacred Garden, 2001


Come and see some close up photos I took of Tulips in my garden - here.

10 comments:

TK said...

Flowers from English garden! Something that I always look forward to..Thank you for taking me around your lovely garden.You are very lucky to have such beautiful flowers around your house. The tulip with orange edge is really awesome. Hope you enjoy every minute of the beautiful spring.Have a nice day!

Susannah said...

Thanks TK, it is good to hear from you! I am glad you enjoyed the flowers. I look forward to more of your beautiful photos of Malaysia.:-)

Vania Moreira said...

Hi Susannah!
So nice photos!!! I have many green at home too, not many flowers because I live in an appartment, without balcony. But even so my place is full of indirect sun shine, what is great for plants. I love orchids, violets and daisies, which by the way are the best ones to have at home, as they lasts more and are "friendly" and "easygoing", ehehe.
I really believe that having plants and flowers at home brings us good vibration (I even talk to them! Ok, I have no answer at all, but I know that they love it!). As I don't have a garden to walk around, only seeing and taking care of the "girls" (yes, I call them like that!) make me feel so happy and relaxed...I imagine you in the middle of your real garden and almost envy you...but only for a while, because I have my girls!!!
Best wishes!

Susannah said...

Hello Vania, it is good to see you here. I am glad you have 'your girls' :-) and yes, I think nature indoors or outside bring good vibrations.

Thanks very much for visiting and for your comment.

Suz said...

Oh I so enjoyed the tour...wish it were in person!
Lovely tulips indeed
your space seems very loving

Susannah said...

Thanks Suz :-) - everything is growing so quickly just now! I am really enjoying being outside, I bet you are too.

Michaela said...

Your garden is wonderful. And thank you for sharing your pictures and giving me a glimpse in an English garden!

Susannah said...

Thanks Michaela. :-)

Kifus said...

You have a lovely garden Susannah! I love Busy Lizzies, not only because they are beautiful but because they are so easy to grow and they have lots of flowers and well, they make me feel happy. Where I live (Argentina) they are called "Alegría del Hogar" which I think is very appropriate as it means Home Joy!

Have a great day and thanks for showing your garden.

Susannah said...

Hello Kifus - I love the Argentinian name for busy lizzies! Home Joy - how wonderful!
Thanks for letting me know that, and for your comment, it is always nice to see you here. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails